“Cancer Steals your Breath; Yoga Gives it Back” -Tari Prinster, Founder of Yoga for Cancer.
Hi, I’m Kara. I’m a breast cancer survivor, yoga teacher and health coach. I’m looking forward to meeting you and hearing your cancer story. Each week, we’ll enjoy a beginner-level cancer wellness yoga practice and guided meditation focused on healing.
Who can attend?
- Cancer survivors at any stage of treatment or survivorship of any type of cancer who are over the age of 18.
- A medical questionnaire and waiver is required before your first class. Please be sure you are cleared for exercise by your doctor.
- Caregivers can attend with (or without) the survivor.
- Cancer survivors who develop a yoga and meditation practice report they are better able to manage treatment symptoms and enjoy a healthy survivorship.
- Connect with other survivors, strengthen your body and mind, clear out toxins, increase blood flow, stimulate your lymphatic system, relax and improve your well being.
- You’ll feel better after yoga.
What do I need for class?
- A water bottle to keep you hydrated.
- A yoga mat
- Wear comfortable workout-style clothes so you can move freely. We practice yoga in bare feet so no special foot wear is needed.
Where are classes held? 3 Options to Choose From:
- Online- Join us from anywhere in the world via a live, video web class every Sunday at 5pm MST (7 Eastern, 6 Central, 4 Pacific). We’ll be able to see and talk to each other, just like a regular class. Yay for technology! Online classes are donation based. You will be sent a link to join the online class once you’ve registered at this link: <<CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE ONLINE CLASS>>
- Colorado Springs- If you live in Colorado Springs, join us every Thursday at 4:00 pm at Cambio Yoga Studio at 3326 Austin Bluffs Parkway in the small studio upstairs. Please register in advance to save your spot at www.CambioYoga.com as the room we use accommodates 10 people per class. Cambio is a donation based studio and the suggested donation is $9-15 per class but it’s totally up to you. Cool, huh! Cambio offers yoga mat rentals for a $1/class and water for $2/bottle if you forget yours.
- Private Sessions- Personalized, one-on-one classes are available online via video conferencing or in-person if you live in Colorado Springs. $60 for a single class, $50 each when you buy 2-4 sessions, $40 each when you buy 5 or more sessions. Call/Text (303) 669-7284 or email karagalvin(at)gmail(dot)com to register for a private session.
Questions? Call/Text Kara Galvin at (303) 669-7284 or email@example.com
I’ll send you the medical questionnaire and waiver prior to your first class.
Please share this information with anyone you know who’s life has been touched by cancer
Cambio Yoga Studio
3326 Austin Bluffs Pkwy, Colorado Springs, CO 80918