Wheel of Life Exercise
- Use the pie chart above or make your own on a sheet of paper. Feel free to change any of the headings to represent each area of your life.
- Place a dot on the line between 1-10 for each category to indicate your satisfaction level with each area of your life. 1 being ‘completely unsatisfied’ goes close to the center of the circle, 10 being ‘perfectly satisfied’ goes close to the exterior of the circle.
- Connect the dots to see your Wheel of Life. Example:
- Identify imbalances. Which areas of your life need some attention?
- Brainstorm a long list of activities that would add to the satisfaction level of that part of your life. A long list equals 10 or more action items you would consider doing to improve that area of your life.
- Choose 1-3 things from this list that you can commit to in the next 7 days.
This is a great tool to use quarterly to see how your life is unfolding.