Prep Time: 35 Minutes // Cook Time: 8 Minutes // Serves 4
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp olive or grapeseed oil
1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
4 (1/2 lb) skinless boneless chicken breasts
2 cup strawberries, diced
1/4 cup pineapple, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
2 Tbsp cilantro, minced
2 tsp jalapeno, minced, include seeds if you want more heat (don’t touch the seeds with your bare hands as it can irritate your skin and eyes)
- Preheat grill (or grill pan if cooking indoors) to medium-high
- Zest the lime and set aside. Juice that same lime and set aside
- In a large baggie, combine 1 Tbsp of lime juice, garlic and 1/2 tsp of oil, salt & pepper. Add chicken to the bag and massage the mixture into the chicken.
- In a bowl, combine strawberries, pineapple, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, remaining lime juice, lime zest and the remaining 1 1/2 tsp of oil. Mix until well combined.
- Grill the chicken, flipping once until fully cooked (165 degrees). Approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
- Plate the chicken with the salsa spooned on top.
This is such a delightful summertime recipe. I found it in Weight Watchers Magazine. Their version included a tsp of sugar in the salsa but I omitted it. Sugar is not good for cancer survivors and it really doesn’t need it. Delicious as is!
You could also dice up some avocados into the salsa or serve them sliced on the plate. I’ve also made it with diced nectarines added to the salsa. They are AMAZING here this time of year.
Berries are powerful cancer fighters so we work them into our diet as often as possible.